About the workshop
Are you keen to learn skills required to create production-level shots? In this workshop you will be required to complete a production-level shot from a popular TV series. You will work with matte paintings, 3D geometry, live shot plates of actors, smoke elements, be introduced to rotoscoping, grading and much more. You will also learn how to further customise the shot in Nuke. The workshop is designed to be suitable for all levels, leading you from basic Nuke workflow to more advanced techniques of expression writing and Nuke’s 3D system. Even with some experience, you will learn something new in this course.
About the subject matter expert
DAVI STEIN has an impressive range of compositing experience and works with us as a compositing tutor. It's hard to know where to start with her credits, because she’s worked on so many iconic films.
Davi was Senior Compositor on ‘The Dark Knight’, ‘Where The Wild Things Are’, ‘The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader’ and ‘Australia’. She also composited the Davy Jones character for ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man’s Chest’ and the Hall of Prophecies sequence for ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’.
Last but not least, Davi was also part of the incredible teams that worked on ‘The Matrix Reloaded’ and ‘The Matrix Revolutions’. She’s worked in almost all of the major post-production houses in Soho, from Framestore to Cinesite and Double Negative, as well as US-based Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), Blue Sky Studios and Tippett Studios.
- Dates: 24 & 25 August, 2016 (2 days)
- Time: 9.30am to 5pm (registration starts at 9am)
- Venue: Level 8, Knowledge Development Centre, Persiaran APEC, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor (MAP)
- Session type: Hands-on workshop using NUKE
- Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of NUKE is required
- Hardware: Bring your own laptop pre-installed with NUKE (NUKE non-commercial is available) or later (download here)
- Price: RM1,500 nett (no GST charges). We accept Cash, Cheques, Bank Transfer, Credit Cards and PayPal
- 2-day workshop includes F&B, Training Materials & Certificate of course completion signed by Davi
- The training is 100% HRDF (Human Resource Development Fund) claimable
What you'll learn
YOU'LL BE LEARNING USING ACTUAL PRODUCTION ASSETS
MAIN TOPICS COVERED
TERMS OF SERVICE & GENERAL CONDITIONS GUIDELINES
- Class size is limited to 20 pax, online registration and full payment serves as a confirmed booking.
- Space is allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis and is based in receipt of full payment.
- No video or audio recording is allowed.
- Payment must be made in Malaysian Ringgit
- Any cancellations must be made at least 5 days prior to the commencement of the course, otherwise any funds paid will not be refundable.
- Participants may nominate another person to take their place in the event that they are unable to attend.
- HKVFX reserves the right to cancel a course, in the event that insufficient participants have registered.
- FULL PAYMENT must be made before training commencement date.
- Payment is to made to VISUAL EFFECTS TRAINING CIMB 8600838635
- Please email the bank-in slip/bank transfer proof to email@example.com
NOTE: You MUST bring your own laptop with NUKE installed. You can download a trial version of NUKE from The Foundry's website
For further inquiries please email us at info@visualEffectsTraining.my or call us at 603-8323 7060
brought to you by